Zirconia tooth crowns and zirconia dental bridges are quickly becoming the most popular choice amongst dentists today. Zirconia is made from a form of crystal, it is imperishable and extremely long lasting material which is why it’s perfect for creating the best zirconia crowns and bridges.
Aesthetically, a zirconia crown is pleasing to the eye as not only does it look like a real tooth, zirconia tooth crown also has the ability to reflect light in the same way. This is especially important to those patients who might require a crown positioned near the front of their mouth. They are more streamlined and less bulky than some porcelain veneers, making them a common choice.
Zirconia Crown Benefits
One of the major health benefits of a zirconia crown and zirconia dental bridge is that it is biologically safe to use in your mouth for many years and will not be rejected. The patient will also avoid having a black gum line which can be visible when using a porcelain fused metal crown.
The use of Zirconia tooth crowns allows the dentist to retain more of the original tooth, which means there is less preparation time needed to perform the procedure. This is not only beneficial to the dentist in man hours but also to the patient in case the crown has to be removed at a later date.
Although the popularity of zirconia dental implants in Turkey continues to rise, some dentists still prefer other options like PFM crowns or indeed good old fashioned gold. This is because due to its durable nature, zirconia bridge or zirconia tooth crown may cause friction against the root of the tooth it is fixed upon or the neighbouring teeth. There is also a small chance that decay might not be noticeable until the zirconia crown falls off.
For more information on the design and manufacture of zirconia dental implants, please contact us today.
Full Milled Zirconia
- Full milled Zirconia crowns are highly suited to restoring posterior crowns.
- High strength 1200Mpa
- Suitable for large span bridges and implant restorations
- Moderate translucency
- 8 basic shades that can be individually characterised
- Blocks out underlying stump discolouration.
Ultra Translucent Zirconia
- Full milled or layered design
- High Strength at 600Mpa
- Suitable for anterior restorations
- High translucency
- Superior strength to emax restorations with comparable translucency
- Does not block out underlying stump discolouration
Porcelain Fused to Zirconia
- Highly recommended and versatile solution
- Best combination of aesthetics and strength
- High durability
- Highly customisable
- Milled Zirconia frameworks with fused Vita VM 9
- Blocks out underlying stump discolouration
- Suitable for large span bridges, implants and complete mouth restorations
- Great translucency