Semdent Digital Laboratory provides a range of restorative solutions to meet your specific requirements. Porcelain-fused-to-metal dental crowns (PFMs) have a metal base which is bonded to a veneer made from porcelain. The metal provides a strong yet malleable density and the porcelain gives the crown a natural tooth-like appearance, so they are widely used for both front and back teeth restorations. This type of crown generally uses a partial veneer which only covers the visible aspect of the tooth. It’s then possible to colour match the veneer to the natural colour of the patients’ teeth.
For the base, a number of metals can be used ranging from the more affordable non-precious metals. These metals can form the strongest alloy and is a highly cost effective solution, however, they can cause some irritation to those with sensitives. Our value range of PFM crowns represents our most cost effective tooth coloured restoration.
A porcelain-fused-to-metal dental crown (PFMs) and porcelain-fused-to-metal bridge can be fully customisable in a number of ways. We offer survey crowns, stress-broken bridges, customisable attachments as well as varying metal and margin designs. Quality porcelain margins can be fired to a well prepared shoulder margin, or ultra-fine metal margins instead.
Semdent Digital Laboratory also provides a range of semi-precious and precious metal alloys as a base. The most popular metals being palladium, gold and platinum. We offer both noble and high noble options to suit any budget. Since we first established the laboratory, our aim was to provide our partners with the highest quality services, materials and products. As a result, they are able to deliver much-needed solutions for their patients.
To achieve this goal, we collaborate only with the most reputable industry names. Semdent Digital Laboratory technicians understand the potential of a PFM crown and PFM bridge made from the finest-grade porcelain, which is why we partner with Vita, Ivoclar, and Argen who deliver materials that we can confidently use across the range of porcelain-fused-to-metal applications.
Contact us right away to discuss your specific requirements and we promise to deliver an adequate porcelain-fused-to-metal bridge or PFM dental crown.
Advantages of Porcelain Fused to Metal Dental Crowns and Bridges
- Excellent tried and tested fixed restoration
- Non-precious, semi-precious and precious options
- Metal supported restoration exhibiting high strength and durability
- The most cost effective tooth coloured restoration
Advantages of Full Cast Crowns and Inlays
- Full cast restorations have a high standard for long term durability.
- When occlusal space is limited a full cast crown is a good solution
- Gold is extremely biocompatible.
- Excellent durability and wear properties
- Can be fabricated using all alloy types
- A consistent cost effective solution
Advantages of Post and Cores
- Can be fabricated using alloy as well as zirconia
- Can be customised with an opaque layer for bonding all ceramic restorations
- Reliable way to build strength into the core after root treatment
- Final crown restoration can be created at the same time with well recorded and prepared margins.
Contact Semdent Digital Laboratory today to discuss all the options available for porcelain fused to metal crowns.